No doubt smart home technology can save you a lot of time and energy. You can control your smart home products remotely using mobile apps or voice assistants such as Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
Thankfully, smart home products today are designed with advanced technology quality akin to those on smartphones. Some of the other smart home ideas that can improve your home include protecting your house with a smart lock, accessing your favourite TV shows or movies and letting the robot vacuum does the cleaning chore.
So, whether you are looking for cool smart home devices, smart home electronics or home automation gadgets, here are the 10 best smart home systems in Malaysia.
Top 10 Smart Home Devices in Malaysia
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Smart Home Devices in Malaysia
- Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen)
- TP-Link Deco M4
- Aqara Smart Door Lock A100 Zigbee
- WiZ E27 LED Smart Lighting Tunable White and Colour Bulb
- Broadlink LC1 Smart WiFi Wall Switch
- Google Nest Mini 2nd Gen
- Xiaomi Mijia Humidity Sensor 2
- D-Link DCS-8630LH
- Xiaomi Smart Doorbell 3
- Roborock S8+ Plus
- What is IoT or smart devices?
- Related articles
Why It’s Our Top Pick?
“This is an all-in-one smart home hub that makes your life easier by just tapping on the display or using the integrated Google Assistant to voice-control your smart home devices, and entertainment channels and get the latest news or weather.”
Available in white and black colour, the second-generation Google Nest Hub features a sleek-looking 7-inch tablet design attached in a slanted position on an oval fabric stand. It allows you to manage your compatible smart home devices with just a tap or using the voice-enabled Google Assistant. This includes everything from turning on the smart lights to locking the door and activating the security camera.
The smart hub is also doubled as an all-in-one entertainment centre including streaming content on Netflix and playing YouTube videos. Not to mention you can enjoy listening to music on the 1.7-inch tweeter (treble speaker) that produces 50% more bass than the previous-generation Google Nest Hub.
There is more you can do with this smart hub, covering the likes of keeping up to date with the latest news & weather forecast, creating to-do notes and setting reminders for say a dental appointment.
- Control your smart home by tapping the display or using your voice via Google Assistant
- Watch Netflix or YouTube or listen to music on the enhanced speaker
- Stay on track every day from getting the latest news & weather to creating family notes, broadcasting messages, setting timers & alarms and making restaurant reservations
Who is this for?
Fans of Google can look forward to various conveniences upon using the second-generation Google Nest Hub. With a streamlined screen interface, tap the display or go hands-free using the Google Assistant to control your connected smart devices, play videos or listen to music and check the weather, just to name a few.
Enjoy fast and stable WiFi with TP-Link Deco M4 whole-home mesh router. It offers a robust WiFi signal of up to 2,800 square feet and is even capable of connecting to 100 devices minus the buffering issue with its 802.11ac wireless technology. The TP-Link Deco M4 can work as a default router that instantly creates a private wireless network or you can generate your preferred access point using any existing wired network.
To make things easier, you can control your WiFi remotely at home or anywhere using the Deco app on your smartphone. The mesh router is also compatible with Amazon Alexa, allowing you to control the Deco M4 using your voice.
And if you have kids at home, you can make use of the adjustable parental controls such as filtering certain websites, setting up time limits and even suspending internet access at a certain period.
- Provides a strong Wi-Fi signal in every corner of your home up to 2,800 square feet
- Seamless roaming with just a single Wi-Fi name to form one unified network
- No more buffering with 3x faster network speeds using the 802.11ac wireless technology and can connect for up to 100 devices
- Flexible 2-in-router & access point modes
- WiFi made easy with its simple app-based setup, streamlined management using the Deco app & voice control via Amazon Alexa
- Simple, intuitive parental controls with user-profile settings, filter levels, time limits, insights & suspend connectivity
Who is this for?
Good for connecting multiple devices at once, the TP-Link Deco M4’s buffer-free whole-home mesh router ensures you and your family can enjoy a speedy and seamless WiFi signal. You can even control your WiFi conveniently using the app or voice commands via Amazon Alexa.
Have peace of mind and keep your home safe with the Aqara Smart Door Lock A100 Zigbee. Boasting a classy black-and-grey design, this smart door lock can be unlocked in 9 different ways ranging from using the mechanical key, and fingerprint sensor to smart home assistants such as Apple HomeKit and Google Assistant.
It comes equipped with integrated multiple sensors that detect whether the door opens or closes and sends you a reminder alert in case you leave it open for too long. The smart door lock runs on batteries that can last over 1 ½ years using Aqara’s battery-conserving technology.
- Unlock the door in 9 different methods using permanent/one-time & configurable passwords, fingerprint sensor, NFC card (not included), mechanical key, Aqara Home app, Apple HomeKit/Siri or Google Assistant
- 18-month battery life using 8 AA-type batteries
- Uses Zigbee 3.0 smart home technology that supports automation & cloud integrations
- Fast and high-precision fingerprint sensor that has a 98.6% recognition rate
- Comes with built-in multiple sensors (long-time opening alert, tamper alert, abnormal attempts alert & cloud logs)
Who is this for?
The feature-packed Aqara A100 Zigbee is a smart door lock that has it all: long-lasting battery life, nine different unlock methods to choose from, a highly-responsive fingerprint sensor, built-in sensors/alerts and compatible with popular smart home assistants via Apple HomeKit/Siri and Google Assistant.
The Philips WiZ E27 is a smart LED bulb that has 16 million colours to choose from using the WiZ app. You can operate your bulb wirelessly using the Wi-Fi connection to dim and tune the light regardless of warm or cool illumination. You can even schedule your bulb to be turned on and off daily or weekly basis.
Philips WiZ E27 is also compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, allowing you to control the bulb using your voice. Plus, the smart bulb is bundled with a handy remote that supports up to 15-metre distances and works with every WiZ-connected product.
- Live life colourfully with 16 million colours to choose from via the WiZ app
- Dims & tunes warm or cool light according to your mood
- Supports Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Comes with a remote that can wirelessly control the bulb up to 15 metres & compatible with all WiZ-connected products
Who is this for?
This Philips smart LED bulb not only allows you to set the colour or tone of the light but also can be controlled using the app on your smartphone or a voice assistant, namely Google Assistant.
Say goodbye to traditional switches as the Broadlink LC1 is a smart switch that allows you to control your home lights using popular voice-control assistants such as Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. You can also use the Broadlink Mobile App to remotely control them from anywhere or schedule your lights to be switched on or off.
The Broadlink LC1 boasts a modularised design that is easy to install and doesn’t require neutral wire whatsoever. For your preference, it is available individually in 1-gang, 2-gang and 3-gang or bundled with Broadlink S3 Hub.
- Works with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa to voice-control your home lights
- Broadlink Mobile App allows you to wirelessly control your home lights from anywhere
- Use the app to set up a schedule to switch on or off your lights
- Easy to install; no neutral wire required
Who is this for?
Dreaded walking over to a light switch just to manually turn it on or off? The Broadlink LC1 provides the convenience of controlling your home lights using a voice-control assistant or mobile app. Not to mention it’s easy to install that fits all homes since it doesn’t require a neutral connection.
Boasting the shape of a bun-like design, the second-generation Google Nest Mini comes in various two-tone colours such as Charcoal (black) and Chalk (grey). This otherwise little smart speaker allows you to play your favourite music and podcast via WiFi or Bluetooth connection.
The Nest Mini is also packed with a larger-bass speaker and supports Google Assistant, where the latter allows you to use your voice to play music or control various compatible smart home devices.
- Play your favourite music, podcasts and more on the improved speaker that produces 40% stronger bass than the previous-generation Nest Mini
- Enjoy hands-free from Google Assistant to voice-control your speaker and compatible smart home devices
- Thoughtfully designed using recycled materials to fit any room
Who is this for?
A compact smart speaker that only takes up a little space, produces reasonably good sound compared to the previous generation. The built-in Google Assistant comes in handy to voice-control your speaker and compatible smart home devices, all hands-free.
This compact-size Xiaomi Mijia Humidity Sensor 2 can identify temperature and humidity changes inside your room accurately with the help of the Mi Home app via Bluetooth connection. You can easily monitor and read the data, thanks to its bright 3.7-inch LCD digital display. It also consumes less power with its durable built-in CR2032 battery.
The Xiaomi Mijia Humidity Sensor 2 comes with a wall sticker too, allowing you to place it wherever you want.
- Capable of detecting room temperature and humidity changes accurately
- Can be controlled remotely using the Bluetooth connection via the Mi Home app
- Consumes less battery with its integrated CR2032 button battery
Who is this for?
Given our country’s erratic weather pattern these days, it’s a good investment to get a smart home thermometer like the Xiaomi Mijia Humidity Sensor 2. It’s small, compact and easy to use. Aside lasting a year, it can also accurately detect your surrounding temperature and humidity levels.
The D-Link DCS-8630LH is a feature-packed smart outdoor camera that supports Full HD recording at 30fps, complete with 150° wide-angle views. It has a built-in spotlight that can illuminate enough brightness at 400 lumens and even supports colour night vision up to 7 metres.
Other highlights include a weather-resistant IP65 rating that protects your camera from elements like rain and dust, human motion & glass-break detections, and an integrated two-way audio.
For better convenience, you can voice-control your camera to stream live footage using Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.
- Captures Full HD video at 30fps up to 150° wide-angle views
- Features a colour night vision with a 400-lumen spotlight to illuminate the darkness
- Comes with an edge-based person detection that intelligently detects human motion
- Glass-Break detection sends you an alert if the glass is broken
- IP65 rating that can withstand heat, rain or sunny days as well as dirt and dust
- Works with the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
Who is this for?
Ideal for catching intruders trying to break into your home or others like preventing from someone stealing your online-order packages on the front door, the D-Link DCS-8630LH is a well-priced smart outdoor camera. It has plenty of features to look forward to as well: Full HD @ 30fps recording, colour night vision with a 400-lumen spotlight and compatible with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
Prevent possible break-ins with the Xiaomi Smart Doorbell 3 which comes in a sleek black design. It supports real-time monitoring to see who’s and what’s outside your doorsteps with its crystal-clear 2K camera. Compared to the previous generation, this smart doorbell comes equipped with a 180° ultra-wide view to see more in front of the door.
Other key features include four integrated 940nm high-powered infrared lights that capture clear video even in the dark or dimly-lit scenario, a durable 5,200mAh battery life and a complimentary 72-hour cloud storage to check motion alert recordings.
- Real-time monitoring at an ultra-clear 2K resolution
- 24-hour smart motion detections that monitor abnormal or suspicious movements of your doorway and send notifications to your smartphone
- Comes with a two-way audio communication & supports voice changer (original voice, clown voice and old man voice) to protect your privacy
- Features a diagonal 180° ultra-wide view that allows you to see more in front of the door
- 4 built-in 940nm infrared lights to ensure clear video even in a low or no-light condition
- Built-in 5,200mAh high-capacity lithium battery that only requires charging 3 times a year
- Free 72-hour cloud storage of motion-triggered video clips anytime and anywhere without getting a memory card or subscribing to cloud services
Who is this for?
The Xiaomi Smart Doorbell 3 offers you peace of mind to avoid suspicious activities outside your doorway like burglary and stolen packages. It’s easy to install too and has nifty features such as real-time recording in 2K resolution, a voice changer and free 3-day cloud storage to save images and videos.
Available in white and black, the Roborock S8+ Plus helps to simplify your cleaning chore by handling the dirty work intelligently. Using the improved HyperForce suction power of 6,000 Pa, this smart robot vacuum can suck dirt, dust and pet hair with the help of a dual rubber roller brush.
The Roborock S8+ Plus also cleans and mops your floors with a built-in water tank that can fill up to 300ml worth of water. With an upgraded VibraRise 2.0 mopping system, it can scrub the floor with the sonic vibration technology at 3,000 times frequency per minute. And if the robot vacuum reach carpeted floors, it can automatically raise its mop plate to ensure gentle cleaning.
Some of the other highlights include a large 2.5-litre dust bag with a self-emptying feature, a Reactive 3D Obstacle Avoidance system that can detect and avoid possible hazards on the floor. There are also customisable features, namely the 3D mapping and no-go-zone system.
- Features a strong 6,000 Pa HyperForce suction power that can capture dirt, dust and hair effortlessly on the floors
- Comes with an automatic dust collection
- Has dual rubber brushes for better vacuuming while ensuring fewer hair tangles
- Powerful sonic vibration technology that scrubs the floors with consistent pressure
- Reactive 3D Obstacle Avoidance system that can identify and prevent potential hazards on the floors
- Capable of scanning & create detailed maps to find an optimal route to clean your home using the PreciSense LIDAR Navigation system
- Automatically identify easy-to-get-stuck places and intelligently suggest No-Go Zones to avoid your robot vacuum from getting caught in tiny spaces
Who is this for?
Unlike the traditional way of sweeping and mopping the floors, the Roborock S8+ Plus makes everything easier with its intelligent 2-in-1 vacuum-and-mop system. It packs a powerful suction to get rid of large or even the smallest particles. Not to forget, there are plenty of useful features such as the smart obstacle-avoidance system and a self-emptying feature.
What is IoT or smart devices?
- IoT, short for “the Internet of Things” refers to the physical network that is integrated with software and sensor among others to connect and transmit data with other devices over the internet.
- Smart devices, in the meantime, describe the types of intelligent objects containing advanced technology (AI & machine learning).
- They are capable of operating autonomously, which can be seen in the likes of smart home hubs, speakers, door locks and robot vacuums.