Known as the “sunshine vitamin,” vitamin D is naturally produced by our skin in response to sunlight. This fat-soluble vitamin is essential for the healthy growth and development of bones and teeth.
Vitamin D offers benefits in strengthening:
- The body’s immunity, Cardiovascular health & Nervous system
Apart from sunlight, vitamin D can also be gained through nutrition by consuming foods such as egg yolks, sardines, and milk. Nevertheless, a lack of exposure to sunlight or underlying health conditions may result in a vitamin D deficiency.
Some effects of a vitamin D deficiency include:
- Rickets, Osteoporosis, and increased risk to diseases and infections
In such cases, taking a vitamin D supplement would aid in ensuring your body is fit and well. Not sure where to start? Here are some recommendations of the best vitamin D supplements to take for various age groups and needs.
How we choose products:
Unlike other tangible items that rely on visible results such as smartphones and makeup, vitamins are something that takes a while to feel in your body. Thus, we make sure to recommend vitamin supplements by certified brands locally and internationally.
Aside from looking up the essential vitamin to a specific problem, we also made sure to scan for online reviews by real users on marketplaces, forums and blogs. And finally, as a bonus, all research and recommendations are done with knowledge based on personal experiences by the editorial team.
Note: Please keep in mind that these supplements are for up-keeping your overall health, and not to replace any treatment for any medical condition. If you’re facing a serious medical complication, consult a doctor at the clinic or hospital.
11 Best Vitamin D Supplements in Malaysia
Best Vitamin D supplements for kids
Table of Contents
- How we choose products:
- 11 Best Vitamin D Supplements in Malaysia
- Blackmores Multivitamins + Minerals
- VitaHealth Kids Gummies with Calcium & Vitamin D3
- VitaHealth Multivits & Minerals
- Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast feeding Formula
- VitaHealth Vitamin D3 1000IU
- 21st Century Women Multivite with Evening Primrose Oil
- Solaray Vitamin D3+K2
- Caltrate 600 Plus Calcium Dietary Supplement
- Bio Island Milk Calcium Bone Care
- Centrum Adults Multivitamins
- Blackmores Vitamin D3 1000IU
- What are the benefits and functions of Vitamin D?
Apart from being an all-rounded nutritional supplement, this multivitamin’s list consists of antioxidants such as vitamin C and zinc which has anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, this is a suitable choice for achieving a balanced diet and combat acne.
Within the 20 essential nutrients included in this multivitamin are vitamin C, B5, E, and zinc which help to achieve clear skin. Because of its extensive list of vitamins, the supplement is great for detoxification, boost immunity and mental as well as energy support.
Majority of the users trusts the brand’s quality as well as reliability in providing them with daily nutrients due to their hectic schedules.
- Contains 120 tablets.
- Each serving contains 400IU of vitamin D3 with 19 other nutrients.
- Helps supplement an unbalanced diet.
- Intake suggestion – once daily with a meal.
Best Vitamin D supplements for acne
With calcium and vitamin D3, this apple-flavoured supplement will strengthen and maintain your kid’s bones and teeth as well as promote blood clotting and improve their immune system. This delicious treat is a great way to encourage our young ones to improve their health through the growth process.
- Contains 60 chewable gummies
- No preservatives
- Intake suggestion: Recommended to consume 2 gummies daily.
Who Is This For?
This vitamin D supplement is suitable for kids who are lactose intolerant and unable to receive any calcium from dairy products. It is also perfect for those wanting to have a strong immune system and strengthen their teeth and bones.
Another popular option for those suffering from an imbalanced diet that may be causing acne would be this one from VitaHealth. It contains 25 nutrients including those necessary to fight acne.
Among the 25 nutrients included in this health supplement are essential acne-fighting ones such as vitamin D, A, E, linoleic acid, and zinc. Those searching for a supplement for general well-being may also consider this all-in-one option.
With an extensive list of nutrients, this supplement is quite a popular choice for many and is recommended for maintaining overall health and enhancing energy levels.
- Contains 100 softgel tablets.
- Each serving contains 400IU of vitamin D2 with 24 other nutrients.
- Strengthens the body.
- Intake suggestion – once daily after a meal.
Best Vitamin D supplement for pregnancy
Recovery is important for mothers. Therefore, pregnant and lactating mothers can get complete nutritional support from the Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-feeding Formula.
This supplement has 15 nutrients in a single capsule such as folic acid, iron, iodine, along with other vitamins and minerals critical for the well-being and development of both mother and baby. An available vital nutrient is vitamin D which helps in the absorption of calcium which in turn prevents preeclampsia.
Mothers liked that there were minimal side effects to taking the supplement and even reported improvements in their energy levels.
- Contains 60 tablets.
- Each serving contains 500IU of vitamin D with other essential nutrients.
- Provides daily dose of nutritional support for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Intake suggestion – 2 capsules a day with meals.
Although psoriasis can’t be cured by taking vitamins, having enough vitamin D can help lessen the impact of its symptoms. We’ve researched and found that the VitaHealth’s Vitamin D3 1000IU offers a sufficient daily dose of vitamin D.
This potent and high-bioavailability vitamin D3 supplement supports bone health as well as boosts the immune system in order to prevent flare-ups.
Many users who have used this product made repeated purchases due to the product’s value and quality. It is also highly recommended for those who don’t get enough vitamin D in their diet.
- Contains 30 softgel tablets.
- Each serving contains 1000IU of vitamin D3.
- Strengthens immunity, supports bone health, and increases muscle strength.
- Intake suggestion – 1 softgel daily.
Best Vitamin D supplements for psoriasis
For ladies, here is a women’s multivitamin with Evening Primrose oil, Royal Jelly and Korean Ginseng for improving overall skin health.
This supplement contains a culmination of nutrients that work together to deliver full efficiency in promoting better skin. Some ingredients that are helpful in battling psoriasis include vitamin A, C, D, B12 and biotin.
Most who have taken the multivitamin noticed improvements in energy levels, skin complexion, and hair density.
- Contains 30 tablets.
- Each serving contains 200IU of vitamin D with other nutrients.
- Promotes healthy skin and maintains women’s health.
- Intake suggestion – 1 tablet daily after a meal (for women over 18 years old)
Here is our preferred choice for adults looking for a daily vitamin D supplement to aid in bone health as it features the inclusion of vitamin K2 for additional cardiovascular support.
This supplement contains potent D3 Cholecalciferol and K-2 Menaquinone-7 which are derived from fermented chickpea. With such a power-packed duo, the supplement helps your body to transport and absorb calcium better.
Users have testified the product’s ability to raise their vitamin D levels as they cited improvements in their energy, sleep, and immunity.
- Contains 60 veg capsules.
- Each capsule contains 5000IU of vitamin D3.
- Supports skeletal system, cardiovascular function, and arteries.
- Intake suggestion – Use only as directed. Take one vegcap daily with a meal or glass of water.
Best Vitamin D supplements for adults
A prime pick for those with a calcium deficit diet is Caltrate’s 600 Plus supplement. It uses the most concentrated form of calcium with minerals to deliver only the best for your body’s skeletal support.
Each tablet contains 600 mg of calcium along with vitamin D3 as well as additional minerals to maximise absorption and deliver healthier bones, joints, and muscles.
Most users who suffer from weak bones felt improvements in their bone density with this supplement. The supplement is also quite easy to take in.
- Contains 100 tablets.
- Each tablet contains 200IU vitamin D3 with calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper and manganese.
- For strong bones and skeletal development.
- Intake suggestion – 1 tablet twice daily with food.
Bio Island Milk Calcium Bone Care contains calcium hydroxyapatite made from cows’ milk. With it, it can support bone health and maintain healthy teeth which are effective for all ages. Moreover, this supplement contains vitamins D3 and K2, which are beneficial for calcium absorption and preserving bone density.
- Contains 150 soft gel capsules that can be chewed or swallowed.
- Includes milk and soya bean products
- Intake suggestion: 2-3 capsules daily before a meal
With a lot of five-star reviews, this supplement is suitable for pregnant women as the vitamins in the capsules help with supporting their immune system.
Best Vitamin D supplement for deficiency
Centrum Adult Multivitamins is filled with 23 different types of micronutrients that help with your health and it is perfect to suit your body’s needs. With those micronutrients, they provide energy for you to get through the day and help boost your immune system.
- Contains 200 tablets
- Vitamin B produces energy for your daily needs.
- Vitamins C, E, and Zinc boost your immune system.
- Intake suggestion: Eat one tablet a day during a meal.
With numerous minerals and vitamins in this supplement, Centrum Adult Multivitamins are perfect for those who are unable to produce vitamins they could back then.
Our bones are what hold us up and keep us going. However, with age and growth development, we could be susceptible to brittle bones. The Blackmores Vitamin D3 1000 IU provides natural vitamin D3 that will help with the absorption of calcium, improving bone development and density.
- Contains 60 capsules of Vitamin D3 1000 IU
- No artificial flavours
- Maintains your bones and teeth
- Intake suggestion: 1-2 capsules a day during meals
This capsule is perfect for those with a Vitamin D deficiency as this will give them a jump start, maintaining and strengthening their bone density.
What are the benefits and functions of Vitamin D?
As simple as it sounds, vitamin D brings a lot of benefits to the body.
- Vitamin D is essential in regulating the calcium and phosphorus levels in the blood. This enables the intestines to absorb and reclaim calcium needed for the growth and maintenance of healthy bones.
- The vitamin has an important role in strengthening the body’s immune system. It fights heart diseases, multiple sclerosis and the flu. Other immunity responses include regulating insulin levels, promoting healthy lung function and assuring a healthy pregnancy.
Despite all the benefits offered by vitamin D supplements, users should only take them in moderation as high consumption of vitamin D will lead to vitamin D toxicity.
A reminder to all: Always consult a health professional if you plan on taking higher doses or if you have an underlying health condition.
- Best Probiotic Supplements
- Best Ashwagandha Supplements in Malaysia
- Best Sleeping Aid in Malaysia 2023 (Types & Treatment)
- Best Zinc Supplements in Malaysia