Dr. Goh Yan Hun
Chronic backaches and joint pain are the common reasons one would pay a visit to the neighbourhood chiropractic clinic. However, you don’t have to wait to suffer from debilitating back pain to receive chiropractic care. In fact, regular visits to the chiropractic clinic can help you maintain a good spine which is vital for your health.
Poor posture from a sedentary lifestyle and a misaligned spine could be the culprit behind many common health problems including but not limited to headaches, back pain, fatigue, and a poor immune system.
With spinal health being such an important aspect of your well-being, you would want to make sure you are seeing a licensed and trusted chiropractor. Lucky us, there are many good chiropractors in Malaysia.
Need a chiropractor in KL? Here is a list of recognised chiropractors in Kuala Lumpur for you to get cracking (pun intended).
Top 11 Chiropractors in Kuala Lumpur
Table of Contents
- Top 11 Chiropractors in Kuala Lumpur
- SpineCentral Chiropractic Center
- Axis Chiropractic
- ASAP Spine & Health
- Kim’s Chiropractic
- Family Chiropractic Malaysia
- Osso Bone Care
- Bangsar Chiropractic
- TAGS Chiropractic & Rehabilitation
- Excellence Chiropractic
- Optimum Chiropractic & Physiotherapy
- Related articles
SpineCentral provides chiropractic care that emphasises on manual treatment such as spinal adjustment to treat musculoskeletal and related nerve involvement issues. This particular chiropractor in Kuala Lumpur hopes to set up a non-profit chiropractic centre for rural communities around Malaysia.
The first consultation in SpineCentral would entail history taking, chiropractic examinations, and diagnostic studies if necessary. Patients would then be prescribed a treatment plan based on the resulting report of findings and diagnosis.
- Address: A-2-2, Pusat Corporate Melawati, Lot 29242, Jalan Bandar Melawati Taman Melawati, 53100 Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur.
- Contact: [email protected] / 018-6604750 / 03-41627832
- Operation hours: Tuesday - Saturday (10AM – 6PM)
“Great professionalism by the chiropractor, Dr Gan. Treatment was efficient and effective. Shoulder injury from the gym was successfully treated. I would definitely recommend to anyone who faces lower back issues and shoulder injuries.” – Preston Tan
Established in 2015, Axis Chiropractic has treated more than 10,000 patients encompassing a variety of conditions ranging from acute muscle pain to frozen shoulders, osteoarthritis, and slipped discs. Their staff is comprised of experienced chiropractors with years of evidence-based training.
The centre is also equipped with the latest Swiss Dolorclast® Shockwave therapy treatment for tendons, ligaments, and sports injuries. One can expect a hassle-free visit to Axis Chiropractic as ample parking space is provided at levels B1 and B2.
- Address: LG003B, The Club @ Bukit Utama, Bandar Utama Damansara, 47800 Petaling Jaya.
- Contact: [email protected] / 016-6762 910
- Operation hours: Tuesday – Friday (10AM – 8PM) | Saturday & Sunday (10AM – 5.30PM)
“Dr Shane's great, been coming here for over a year now, mainly for sports-related injuries. He's helped me overcome shoulder, groin and quad injuries as well. Dr Shane possesses great communication skills, something I find to be of utmost importance when seeking treatment, he's easy to speak to and is great at what he does.” – Daniel Joshua
Introducing themselves as a friendly neighbourhood spine pit stop centre, the “ASAP” in ASAP Spine & Health stands for the art of Adjusting the joints Specifically while Aligning the spine Precisely.
ASAP Spine & Health is distinguished by their use of the Gonstead approach as their choice of chiropractic practice. Going beyond a typical spinal assessment, the Gonstead approach conducts a thorough analysis of the spine and is deemed one of the safest and most effective chiropractic treatments to date. Their practice is also free from surgery, medication, and injection.
- Address: (The Cube) No. 8-1, Jalan Puteri 7/15, Bandar Puteri Puchong, 47100 Puchong, Selangor.
- Contact: [email protected] / 014-928 2726
- Operation hours: Open daily (9.30AM – 6PM) | Wednesday (10AM – 1.30PM) | Closed on Thursday and certain public holidays.
“My chiropractor, Giselle, is polite and helpful in giving advice and guidance to enhance my speed of recovery. 95% of improvement after the sessions. I'm very satisfied with the professional service here!” - Lim
Kim’s Chiropractic combines chiropractic and physiotherapy to relieve muscle and joint pains. If you aren’t sure whether you can commit to returning sessions, you can choose from their array of packages available: shareable, non-shareable, combo, non-combo, yearly, or monthly.
The best part is, they value your time by promising under 5 minutes of waiting time and under 45 minutes per session.
- Address: 75 G.Floor, Jalan SS 23/15, Taman Sea, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Contact: 018-977 0320
- Operation hours: Mon – Fri, 10 AM – 7 PM | Sat-Sun, 10 AM – 6 PM
Customer Review: “Well it was certainly a very good experience being my 1st time, all was taken care with a professional manner indeed. Feeling much better now. Thumbs up to Kim's Chiropractic Team.” - Vernon Dias
Family Chiropractic Malaysia is headed by Dr Choo Kuan Wei who has been practising since 2004 in both the United States and in Malaysia.
Dr Choo is an outstanding chiropractor with post-graduate work specialising in sports injuries, trigger point therapy, and posture biomechanics to name a few. His expertise has helped resolve many patients’ spinal and joint problems. If you’re interested, you’ll also be glad to know that the first consultation at Family Chiropractic Malaysia is complimentary (excludes X-ray and MRI analysis).
- Address: 23-1, Jalan PJU 1/3F, Sunwaymas Commercial Centre, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
- Contact: [email protected] / 03-7803 3252 / 012-3020357
- Operation hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday (9AM – 12PM & 2.30PM – 6.30PM) | Tuesday (2.30PM – 7PM) | Saturday (9AM– 1PM & 2.30PM– 5PM) | Closed on Thursday and Sunday.
“Dear Dr Choo and Mdm Wong, I am writing to express my deep gratitude for your chiropractic care while I was undergoing treatment for a lower back problem. I especially appreciated the exercises you taught me for strengthening my spine, and you handled the situation with care and grace. My recently improved health is a credit to your expertise and attentiveness.” – Chi Ming
Osso Bone Care has been in the business of realigning spines since 2007 and has been recognised as one of the Best 17 Chiropractors in Kuala Lumpur by Trusted Malaysia in 2020.
The centre is also the first chiropractor in Malaysia to offer a manual Osso Flexion Distraction Adjustment Technique. Besides that, they boast a unique 3D Spinal Decompression Therapy that aids disc healing in a pain-free and non-invasive manner.
- Address: Kuchai Lama (No.9, Jalan Kuchai Maju 8, Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park, 58200, Kuala Lumpur) | Cheras (No.81, Jalan Damai Niaga 1, Alam Damai, 56000, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur)
- Contact: [email protected] / Kuchai Lama (03-79840080 / 017-8902890) | Cheras (012-8801619)
- Operation hours: Monday – Saturday (9.45AM – 7PM)
“Very comfortable and effective treatment for neck pain and numbness on my hand. Very professional team and explanation. Nice music too. Will definitely recommend Osso to those who have spinal problems.” – May Yip
Founded in 2005, Bangsar Chiropractic has provided top-notch and affordable chiropractic care to the community both within and outside of Klang Valley. They have treated patients as young as a week-old while their eldest patient recorded is 86 years old. Apart from administering corrective chiropractic adjustments, the team also provides specific exercise protocols to complement patient care.
- Address: 75-1, Jalan Bangkung (Off Jalan Maarof), Bukit Bandaraya, 59100 Kuala Lumpur.
- Contact: [email protected] / 03-2094 9975 / 012-325 7311
- Operation hours: Tuesday & Saturday (9AM– 7PM) | Wednesday & Thursday (9AM – 6PM) | Friday (12PM – 5PM).
“Dr Jean helped me a lot. I suffered migraines and car sickness but after a few sessions, I no longer get migraines and do not need to take medicine for my car sickness. It's amazing. It was my first visit to a chiropractor. I was very scared, but Dr Jean made me feel comfortable.” – Cucun S.
Aligned consists of a team of chiropractors who are registered under the Gonstead Chiropractic Society, Australia and the Association of Chiropractic, Malaysia. Their use of the Gonstead approach makes their practice safe for patients of all ages. Aligned offers a family care plan of 12 sessions along with a variety of other consultation plans depending on your health needs.
- Address: No 23-8 The Boulevard, Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur.
- Contact: [email protected] / 018-662 5503
- Operation hours: 10AM– 3PM daily | Closed on Thursday.
“Glad to have been introduced to Dr Daniel who treated my lower back problems. He had also taken the further step to ensure that my upper back is aligned and in good condition. I am very satisfied with my sessions and would gladly recommend him to my family & friends. Cheers!” – Angela Ong
Available nationwide throughout Malaysia, TAGS Chiropractic & Rehabilitation proudly offers the latest technological advancements for aiding treatments related to Muscoluskeletal conditions, Stroke Rehab, Post-Surgical Care, Sports Injury, Osteoarthritis, Scoliosis, and many more.
Founded in 1997, TAGS centres provide clients with Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, and Occupational Therapists as part of a multidisciplinary approach. In fact, all of their Chiropractors are under the Association of Chiropractic Malaysia (ACM). Moreover, a boon TAGS has over other centres is that they provide Chiropractic services for pregnant ladies too (via Webster Technique).
Suppose you suffer from one of the conditions TAGS treats, you can consider receiving their individualised care, designed to speed your road to full health, optimal function, and minimal discomfort.
In the Klang Valley (Selangor) area alone, there are 4 TAGS centres: Cheras, Hartamas, Subang and Ampang.
- Address: Hartamas - A-G-05 & A-01-05, Galeria Hartamas, Jalan 26A/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur | Subang Jaya - No. 131, Jalan SS17/1A, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan
- Contact number: 03-62031599/017-3781599 (Hartamas) | 03-56311301/017-7223599 (Subang)
- Email: [email protected]
- Operating hours: Mon-Sat : 8am - 6pm / Sun & Public Holiday : Closed
"The service was great. Everyone there from the admin staff to the doctors all tolerated my issue with punctuality. The admin staff were so accomodating, I could text them midnight to book appointment for the next day, and they would give reply the next morning immediately. The doctor was very professional and gave appropriate advices when I consulted him about my scoliosis issue." - Jean Ho
Excellence Chiropractic is another chiropractor in Kuala Lumpur which adopts the safe and gentle Gonstead chiropractic approach. Their team of chiropractors and physiotherapists are dedicated in delivering professional treatment at an affordable price point. Their services can be accessed at any one of their branches operating in Wangsa Maju and Cheras,
- Address: Wangsa Maju (G-03, Residensi Lexa, No. 45, Jln 34/26, Taman Sri Rampai, 53300 Kuala Lumpur) | MyTown Cheras (Lot L3-058, Level 3, MyTown Shopping Centre, No.6, Jalan Cochrane Seksyen 90, 55100 Kuala Lumpur).
- Contact: Wangsa Maju ([email protected] / 0017-878 2279) | MyTown Cheras ([email protected] / 03-9202 8279 / 016-350 2279)
- Operation hours: Wangsa Maju (Monday – Friday: 9.30AM – 7.30PM | Saturday – Sunday: 9.30AM – 5.30PM) | MyTown Cheras (Monday – Sunday: 10AM– 8PM).
“Had chronic back pain for years. Dc. Zoey assessed my spine and suggested a full-spine X-ray prior to starting treatment. Condition improved after few sessions.” – Pin Serafina
Optimum Chiropractic & Physiotherapy combines both chiropractic techniques and physiotherapy to treat patients suffering from back and neck pains, sports or work-related injuries, and scoliosis. The founder, Dr Michael Lee, has been a licensed chiropractor since 2003. His expertise lies in diversified and drop techniques, sports injury, physiotherapy, and scoliosis treatment.
- Address: M-1-12 Plaza Damas (Hartamas Shopping Centre), Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.
- New branch: The Club @ Bukit Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya.
- Contact: [email protected] / 03-6201 8933
- Operation hours: Monday – Friday (8AM– 8PM) | Saturday & Sunday/Holiday (8AM – 6PM).
“Went to see Dr Lee because of my back pain and morning sickness. And he did a miracle. My pain was gone like magic. I can bend my body immediately after the treatment. Highly recommended.” – Jamaliyah Mohamed Kamil
How much does a chiropractic session cost in Malaysia?
- Generally, Chiropractic sessions in Malaysia generally cost around RM70 - RM200 per session with each duration ranging from a quick 10 minutes to half an hour.
- To be frank, the cost depends on the types of treatment being administered as well as equipment used for physiotherapy treatments in a session.
- For example, the use of facilities like ultrasound and EMS therapy would naturally reflect in a higher bill.
Nevertheless, many chiropractic clinics nowadays offer an assortment of packages with different price points to cater to different needs and budgets.
With professional chiropractic care now made accessible to the public, it is time to say goodbye to those painkillers and get your back problems sorted once and for all.
What type of pain do chiropractors treat?
As elaborated by Dr Goh, chiropractors typically treat all sorts of pain that is related to the spine and joints in the body.
- The parts applicable include but is not limited to lower back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, knee pain, ankle pain.
- Besides that, Dr Goh explained that nerve-related issues such as sciatica, numbness, migraines/headaches and referred pain are problems that can be solved by chiropractors too.
- This is because the above-mentioned illness often arises from issues related to the spine.
Is chiropractic treatment effective, or simply just a temporary fix?
To simply put, Chiropractic is meant to be corrective. That being said, it is intended to be a long-term, permanent solution that is built upon each correction session.
- It's important to note, however, that this may not be the case for all individuals, as the outcome varies depending on the severity of joint damage/wear and tear.
- But one thing is certain: chiropractic care aims to solve the root cause of the problem, rather than merely relieving the pain temporarily like what most people assume.
View this post on Instagram
What typically happens during chiropractic adjustments?
As explained by Dr Goh, here’s what you should expect to happen during your chiropractic adjustment:
- A standard professional chiropractic session should involve the chiropractor checking for problems.
- The attending chiropractor should be able to explain and relate how the problem they discovered is related to the pain or symptom patients are experiencing.
- Adjustments are made in a quiet and relaxed manner, with only a single "crack" or "pop" heard by the patient.
Patients can rest assured that when it comes to discovering and fixing the root cause, accuracy and precision are critical. Hence, you can count on your licensed chiropractor to do all the job for you!
How often will I have to see my chiropractor?
This is dependent on the person's lifestyle, the extent of the impairment, and age. Some people may require more regular visits, while others may require less.
A healthy, non-symptomatic person should see a chiropractor for a check-up and routine alignment once every 1-2 months. A regular check-up and adjustment will help to preserve the spine's integrity and health, preventing or minimising the risk of damage and injury.