The gym is unquestionably the most crucial component when going to or practicing lifting. There is essential equipment not just for gym workouts but also for running. Asics, Nike, and Adidas have all released their models with unique features, making it tough to choose the appropriate one.
As a result, in this post, we will go over what you need to know to select the best pair of gym training shoes. Furthermore, as we progress through this article, we will provide you with fantastic gym and comfortable workout shoes for a better working-out experience. Without further ado, here are the top ten finest gym sneakers in Australia.
10 Best Gym Shoes in Australia 2023 - Top Brand Reviews
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Gym Shoes in Australia 2023 - Top Brand Reviews
- Brooks Men Adrenaline Gym Shoes
- Saucony Women's Running and Gym Shoes
- SKYT Running and Gym Shoes
- Skechers White Gym Shoes
- Vibram Men's Running and Gym Shoes
- Hoka Men's Running and Gym Shoes
- Altra AL0A7R6T Gym Shoes
- Puma Gym Shoes
- Mizuno Wave Equate 7 Gym Shoes
- Adidas Ozelle Gym Shoes
- What are Gym Shoes?
- Gym Shoes Vs. Running Shoes
- Buying Guide: How to Choose Gym Shoes
- Best Gym Shoes Brands in Australia
- Gym Shoes Price Range Here in Australia
- Where to Buy Gym Shoes in Australia?
- Related Articles
What are Gym Shoes?
Gym or training shoes allow for various movements such as cutting, stopping, breaking, jumping, and swiftly changing direction. It makes a training shoe adaptable and suitable for multiple workouts. Training shoes are similar to all-purpose gym shoes. The flatter the shoe is, the more likely it is to be a training shoe. The technical word here is "heel drop," which refers to the distance between the heel and toe heights.
Gym Shoes Vs. Running Shoes
Gym and running shoes are designed with specific activities in mind, and understanding their differences can help you make an informed choice based on your fitness needs. Here are the key distinctions between gym shoes and running shoes:
Design and Purpose
- Gym Shoes: Gym shoes, also known as cross-training shoes, are designed to support a wide range of activities commonly performed in the gym, such as weightlifting, strength training, cardio exercises, and agility workouts. They aim to provide stability, support, and versatility for various movements.
- Running Shoes: Running shoes are designed for running or jogging activities. They prioritize cushioning, shock absorption, and responsiveness to minimize the impact on your feet and joints during repetitive forward motion.
Cushioning and Impact Absorption
- Gym Shoes: Gym shoes often have firmer cushioning compared to running shoes. They focus more on stability and support, particularly lateral movements and weightlifting exercises requiring a solid base.
- Running Shoes: Running shoes prioritize cushioning and shock absorption to reduce the impact on your feet and lower limbs during each stride. They typically have softer and more responsive cushioning to enhance comfort and protect against repetitive impact injuries.
Sole and Traction
- Gym Shoes: Gym shoes typically have a flatter and wider sole with multidirectional patterns on the outsole. This design provides better stability and traction for lateral movements and quick changes in direction.
- Running Shoes: Running shoes have a curved or rocker-shaped sole to facilitate the heel-to-toe rolling motion while running. The outsole often features a specialized tread pattern that enhances traction on various surfaces encountered during running.
- Gym Shoes: Gym shoes offer flexibility in multiple directions to accommodate a variety of movements performed in the gym, such as lunges, squats, and lateral shuffles.
- Running Shoes: Running shoes prioritize forward flexibility to support the natural bending of your feet during the running gait cycle. They allow for smooth and efficient foot movements from heel strike to toe-off.
- Gym Shoes: Gym shoes tend to be more substantial and heavier due to their emphasis on stability and support.
- Running Shoes: Running shoes are generally lighter to minimize the weight on your feet and promote a more efficient running stride.
While gym and running shoes have specific purposes, choosing the right shoe for your intended activity is essential. Opt for gym shoes if you primarily engage in gym workouts, cross-training, or a combination of activities. Invest in specialized running shoes if your main focus is running or jogging. Remember that wearing the appropriate shoe for your workout can enhance performance, reduce the risk of injuries, and provide a more comfortable exercise experience.
Buying Guide: How to Choose Gym Shoes
Your training shoes for gym are the most essential equipment to get right. Those trendy fashion shoes just aren't going to make it. The appropriate shoe allows you to get the most out of your activity while lowering your injury chance.
When choosing good shoes for gym, several factors must be considered to ensure you make the best decision for your fitness needs. Here is a buying guide that will help you pick the perfect gym shoes:
- Purpose: Determine the intention of your gym shoes. Are you primarily using them for weightlifting, running, cardio exercises, or a combination of activities? Different activities require different types of shoes with specific features.
- Fit: Proper fit is crucial for gym shoes. They should provide a snug yet comfortable fit without any pinching or tightness. Make sure there is enough room for your toes to move and flex. Try shoes in the afternoon or evening when your feet are slightly larger.
- Arch Support: Consider your foot arch type - low, neutral, or high. Look for gym shoes with appropriate arch support for your specific foot type. It will help prevent discomfort and potential injuries during workouts.
- Cushioning: Choose gym shoes with adequate cushioning depending on the intensity of your workouts. Running shoes have more cushioning to absorb impact, while weightlifting shoes have minimal cushioning to provide stability and support during heavy lifts.
- Sole and Traction: The sole of your gym shoes must provide good traction to prevent slips and falls. Look for shoes with rubber outsoles and multidirectional patterns for better grip on various surfaces.
- Breathability: Opt for breathable gym shoes to keep your feet cool and dry during workouts. Mesh or perforated uppers allow airflow, preventing excessive sweat and potential odor issues.
- Durability: Check the quality of materials and construction to ensure the shoes are durable enough to withstand regular gym use. Reinforced stitching, sturdy overlays, and high-quality materials will enhance the shoes' longevity.
- Flexibility: Gym shoes should offer flexibility to support natural foot movements. They should allow your feet to bend and flex without restriction, providing optimal comfort and performance.
- Stability and Support: Look for gym shoes that provide stability and support, especially if you engage in activities that involve lateral movements or quick changes in direction. Shoes with a firm heel counter and secure midfoot support will help prevent ankle injuries.
- Price: Set a budget for your gym shoes. While investing in a good pair is essential, you can spend your money wisely. Consider your requirements and balance the price and the features you need.
- Try Before Buying: Visit a local store and try on different gym shoes to assess fit and comfort. Walk around, do a few movements, and check for discomfort or issues. If purchasing online, read gym shoes reviews and consider sizing recommendations.
By considering these factors and prioritizing your fitness needs, you can choose the perfect pair of gym shoes that will provide comfort, support, and durability for your workouts.
Best Gym Shoes Brands in Australia
It's important to note that personal preferences and individual needs may vary. You may try on different brands and models to find the best gym shoes that fit your feet, offers the desired features, and align with your specific fitness goals.
Nike Gym Shoes
Known for its innovation and technology, Nike offers a wide range of gym shoes that provide excellent cushioning, support, and durability. Their shoes often feature breathable materials, responsive cushioning, and versatile designs for various gym activities.
Adidas Gym Shoes
Adidas is a famous gym shoe brand focusing on comfort, style, and performance. Their shoes often feature responsive cushioning, breathable uppers, and reliable traction. Adidas also offers options with specialized support for different types of workouts.
Reebok Gym Shoes
Reebok is well-regarded for its cross-training shoes, which are ideal for gym workouts. Their shoes provide stability, support, and flexibility, making them suitable for weightlifting, cardio exercises, and agility training. Reebok shoes often feature durable construction, cushioning, and excellent grip.
New Balance Gym Shoes
New Balance offers a range of gym shoes that prioritize comfort and stability. Known for their exceptional fit, New Balance shoes often have cushioning systems that provide shock absorption and support for various gym activities. They also offer options with wider widths for those who require extra room.
ASICS Gym Shoes
ASICS is known for its running shoes but also offers gym shoes with features suitable for different workout types. Their gym shoes often incorporate cushioning systems that provide shock absorption, support for lateral movements, and breathable materials for enhanced comfort.
Gym Shoes Price Range Here in Australia
The best gym shoes price in Australia varies depending on the brand, model, and features offered. Here's a general overview of the price ranges you can expect to find:
Budget Range: $50 - $100. You can find entry-level gym shoes in this range that provide basic functionality and durability. These shoes may have advanced features of higher-priced options but offer decent support and comfort for light to moderate gym activities.
Mid-Range: $100 - $150 In the mid-range, you'll find a more comprehensive selection of gym shoes with improved cushioning, support, and durability. These shoes often offer a good balance of quality and affordability, making them suitable for various gym workouts and activities.
Premium Range: $150+ In the premium range, you'll find gym shoes from well-known brands with advanced technologies, superior cushioning, and specialized features. These shoes are often designed for specific activities or cater to the needs of professional athletes. They provide exceptional comfort, stability, and performance for intense workouts or specific training purposes.
Where to Buy Gym Shoes in Australia?
In Australia, you can find the best comfy workout shoes from various retailers online and in physical stores. Here are some popular options for purchasing gym shoes
Sporting Goods Stores: Visit local sporting goods stores such as Rebel Sport, Sportsmans Warehouse, or Decathlon. These stores offer a wide range of athletic footwear, including gym shoes, and often have knowledgeable staff to assist you in finding the right pair.
Brand Retail Stores: Many well-known athletic brands have retail stores across Australia. Nike, Adidas, Reebok, New Balance, and ASICS have brand stores where you can find their latest gym shoe models and exclusive offerings.
Online Retailers: Online shopping provides a convenient option for purchasing gym shoes in Australia. Websites like Amazon Australia, The Iconic, and Catch.com.au offer various gym shoes from multiple brands. Additionally, the official websites of specific brands often have an online store where you can buy their gym shoes directly.
Specialty Fitness Stores: Some stores specialize in fitness equipment and apparel, including gym shoes. Examples include FitOnline, Workout World, and Gym Direct. These stores often have a range of gym shoes tailored to fitness enthusiasts.
Department Stores: Major department stores like Myer, David Jones, and Big W also carry a selection of gym shoes. While the variety may not be as comprehensive as specialty stores, they can be a convenient option with competitive pricing.
It's best to compare prices, check for ongoing sales or promotions, and read gym shoes reviews before purchasing. Additionally, consider trying on shoes in physical stores to ensure fit and comfort before buying online.
When selecting the best training shoes, there are numerous aspects to consider. The correct pair of training shoes will help you perform at your best while ensuring your investment will last.
Sifting through the unlimited training possibilities might be overwhelming. However, if you have the proper knowledge of the context of your training goals, it becomes a lot easier to narrow down the endless shoe options accessible. But remember to always buy based on your interests.