Everything in the world is now digital. Everything, even watches, is getting computerized these days. A smartwatch, which can do much more than a regular watch, has an electronic display instead of mechanical hands and a face. Choosing between the many smartwatch companies like Apple and Samsung can take time and effort. Choosing the best smartwatch nz can be challenging because it depends on the habits and tastes of the person who will wear it. The best smart watch nz for a swimmer would be waterproof and able to track heart rate and swim time.
10 Best Smart Watches in New Zealand 2023 | Reviews
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Smart Watches in New Zealand 2023 | Reviews
- Fitbit Versa 3
- Fitbit Charge 5
- Fitbit Ace 3
- Apple Watch Series 7
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
- Apple Watch 4
- Apple Watch SE
- Fitbit Versa 2
- Xiaomi Mi Band 6
- Apple Watch Series 8
- What is a Smart Watch?
- Types of Smartwatches in New Zealand
- Buying Guide: How to Choose a Smart Watch
- Best Smart Watch Brands in New Zealand
- Where to buy Smart Watches in New Zealand?
- Smartwatches Price Range in New Zealand
Why It's Our Top Pick
The Versa 3 is a top contender for the best smart watch nz because it has a reasonable price and many fitness tracking features, like a SpO2 sensor that checks your blood oxygen and pressure levels while you sleep.
- Display: 1.59"
- Battery Life: Up to 6 days
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0
- Operating System and Compatibility: 5.3
- Sensor: SpO2
The Fitbit Versa 3 health and fitness tracker is a great way to stay on track. The Fitbit Versa 3 is the best smart watch in New Zealand and a better alternative to the Apple Watch because it has GPS built-in, a better design, a longer battery life, a better display, and a lot of fitness data.
The Versa 3 is a great all-around smartwatch because it can do many things. For example, it can track your general health, show you alerts, play music, and let you do simple tasks without pulling out your phone.
Fitbit Versa 3 is easy to use and fun to play with. It has a lot of software options, and the basic package comes with a calendar, a weather app, Spotify, and other tools. Most users should find that these tools are more than enough. The website and mobile app that go with it are not only the best in their fields, but they also have great options for fitness and health.
- Display: 1.04"
- Battery Life: up to 4 days
- Connectivity: USB-C connectivity
- Operating System and Compatibility: iOS 14 or higher and Android OS 9 or higher
- Sensor: Optical heart-rate tracker.
One of the best smartwatches in New Zealand is the Fitbit Charge 5, made for people who care greatly about their health and fitness. The smart band gives it a sleek look and does a good job of tracking vital signs like heart rate, oxygen saturation, and sleep quality.
The Fitbit Charge 5 is a good choice for people who care about their fitness and health. It was made with them in mind. This device lets a doctor keep track of a person's stress levels, oxygen levels, heart rate, breathing rate, skin temperature, sleep quality, sleep stages, and menstrual cycles.
Even though it doesn't have RAM, the watch moves quickly. There are a lot of features on the smartwatch, but it works quickly and well. Even though different things may happen, the battery life is consistent with the 7-day claim.
- Display: 1.47
- Battery Life: Up to 8 days
- Connectivity: Wireless and Connectivity
- Operating System and Compatibility: 7.0
- Sensor: Heart rate
The Fitbit Ace 3 is a great choice to encourage your child to spend less time in front of a screen and more time being active. The Ace 3 is a small, reliable fitness tracker that can keep track of your daily activities, how you sleep, and even when your kids wake up and play. It even has a monitor for your heart rate.
You might learn even more if you have the Fitbit app on your phone. The Fitbit app can be linked to the Ace 3, and while adults will see the full version, kids will see a "Kid View" with simplified data displays and a focus on making their watch face. This is just what you need to keep an eye on your children.
The default settings of this kids' smart watch can be changed, but they tell your child to be healthy and active. They should get nine hours of sleep every night and take 10,000 steps daily. The Ace 3 can keep track of your child's progress, give them badges when they reach certain goals, and put them in multiplayer challenges against other players or family members to keep them motivated.
- Display: 1.9"
- Battery Life: Up to 18 hours
- Connectivity: Cellular (optional) Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Operating System and Compatibility: 8.0
- Sensor: Blood oxygen
The Apple Watch Series 7 has over 20% bigger screen than its predecessor. It is a great sports watch. The Blood Oxygen sensor and EKG app make this the most advanced health and wellness feature the Apple Watch has ever had.
Check your blood oxygen saturation with a high-tech sensor and the app that goes with it. Do an ECG any time, any place. Get your pulse to help other advances in health care, like tracking your sleep and practicing mindfulness, which ensures your total health.
Now that the display is bigger, using and reading on Apple Watch is much more fun. This makes seeing and tapping for fingers of all sizes and shapes easier. It is strong because it doesn't break or collect dust easily and can withstand the effects of rain. When you look down at your wrist, you can see the time and other information on your watch without touching it. Also, the inside brightness is 70% brighter when your wrist is down.
- Display: 1.2"
- Battery Life: Up to 18 hours
- Connectivity: LTE, Bluetooth® 5.0, Wi-Fi
- Operating System and Compatibility: 3.5
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Light Sensor, Optical Heart Rate Sensor, Electrical heart
The Armor Aluminum metal shell of the Samsung smart watch makes it look sleek and simple. It's great to use in your daily life and for exercise because it's well-made and works well. But the LTE model is the best smartwatch in New Zealand because it lets you make calls even when you're not near your phone.
This smart watch nz comes with the new Samsung BioActive Sensor, and you can keep track of your progress toward your health goals by getting constant feedback on your body composition. Using this platform, you can even compete with your friends in a friendly way. Challenges use commemorative badges and a point system to get people to participate and exercise more fun when done with others.
The brand-new Galaxy Watch4 was made to help you become a better and healthier version of yourself. You can feel good about your efforts if you keep track of your fitness progress, which can also be used as a helpful body composition calculator. Knowing your current weight, muscle mass, and fat percentage, among other things, will help you get closer to your goals.
- Display: 1.65" b
- Battery Life: up to 18 hours
- Connectivity: LTE and UMTS GPS + Cellular models
- Operating System and Compatibility: iOS 12 or later
- Sensor: Optical heart sensor, Optical heart sensor, & Electrical heart sensor.
If you want to try out an Apple Watch but need more money to afford the price, the Apple Watch 4 is a great option. This Apple wristwatch model is nothing to make fun of because it has a cellular connection, Apple Music with access to 50 million songs, and a bright screen.
This smart watch cheap is considered one of the best things about the Apple Watch 4: its built-in GPS and cellular data connectivity. Users no longer have to be connected to their iPhones to use Siri and other apps.
Also, Apple Music users can get to any of the 50 million songs on the app right from their wrists.
Cellular connectivity is a nice smartwatch feature, but this model is still in its early stages. When using the LTE connection on the watch, you might run into a few problems. The battery can last from six to eighteen hours, depending on how you use it, which is great. Also, look for a smart watch nz sale that works great as an Apple Watch for people just starting.
- Display: 1.78"
- Battery Life: Up to 18 hours
- Connectivity: GPS and GPS + Cellular
- Operating System and Compatibility: 16 or later
- Sensor: Optical heart, Electrical heart
The best Apple smart watch in New Zealand is the Apple Watch SE, which has all of the important features of the Apple Watch 6 but costs a lot less. It comes with high-tech sensors that can figure out your favorite workouts and track your every move to help you stay connected, active, healthy, and safe.
The Watch SE's best features are that it can track sleep patterns, is water-resistant up to 50 meters (5 ATM), can track GPS and Glonass, another satellite that can improve position accuracy, and is cheap.
The Apple Watch SE, a digital smartwatch from New Zealand, is the best workout partner if you want to set new personal bests and get fitter. It could stay with you underwater and track your heart rate. You don't need a phone if you have a smartwatch because you can get to tens of thousands of apps, music files, and podcasts immediately.
- Display: 1.34"
- Battery Life: Up to 6 days
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0
- Operating System and Compatibility: 4.2.4
- Sensor: 3-axis accelerometer, Optical heart rate monitor, & NFC
The Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch is a clear choice for its usefulness. With a continuous heart rate monitor, you can always get accurate readings. You can quickly get information about how you sleep, how stressed you are, and other things.
The Fitbit app now makes it easy and quick to look at your weekly oxygen saturation levels. There are several stylish looks for this smartwatch.
This stylish watch is easy to wear because the band is strong and the design isn't too heavy. You can track your activity, sleep, heart rate, and other things on a single charge for several days. Because it is always on, you can check the time or the weather without taking it out of your pocket.
- Display: 1.56"
- Battery Life: up to 14 days
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0
- Operating System and Compatibility: os 10
- Sensor: SpO2 sensor
The Xiaomi Mi Band 6 is the cheapest smartwatch that doubles as a fitness tracker in New Zealand. This gadget can monitor your heart rate and sleep patterns, among other fitness and health metrics.
The Xiaomi Mi Band 6 can keep tabs on an incredible 96 different workouts, from beginner to advanced intensity levels. The wristwatch can keep track of the bare minimum for casual workouts, but it can go into further detail for serious athletes.
No lag is experienced when using the Huawei Band 6's touch interface. Battery life will suffer if you use the device to monitor your blood oxygen levels continuously throughout the day. Fortunately, you can disable this function if you so want. You can get up to two weeks of use out of a single charge despite this smart watch being cheap.
- Display: 1.9"
- Battery Life: Up to 36 hours
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0.
- Operating System and Compatibility: iOS 16 or later
- Sensor: Optical heart rate sensor, temperature
If you use Apple products, you should get the Apple Watch Series 8. It makes your Apple experience so much better that you won't want to live without it.
With an average battery life of 18 hours, doing things like track sleep at night with it would be hard. Still, that will keep you going for a whole day. As expected, it has a bright display that stays on all the time, reliable GPS tracking, and the capability to both make and receive phone calls. It also tracks your heart rate, sleep, and blood oxygen levels.
The Apple Watch has always been a game-changer. Other identifiers, like temperature sensors and auto-crash detection, are necessary. It has more features than its competitors and works with all the popular apps in New Zealand. In terms of features, Android-based phones are still behind.
What is a Smart Watch?
A smartwatch is a digital device that looks like an analog watch from the outside but has more features than an analog watch. Most modern smartwatches have Bluetooth, but some also have cellular connectivity, which lets the user make phone calls, send text messages, and connect to Wi-Fi networks.
Types of Smartwatches in New Zealand
It would help if you bought a new watch for your wrist. Smartwatches can do more than tell the time. They can also let you know when you have new messages and, like smartphones, can be used with many different apps. This guide will help you choose the most suitable smartwatch for your needs, whether you want a hybrid that doesn't stand out or a fitness tracker. One of the initial tasks is to figure out which of the three basic types of smartwatches you like best.
Smartwatch. Smartwatches are small hubs for notifications that you wear on your wrist. Even though many of these designer smartwatches look futuristic, some look more like traditional analog wristwatches than others. But as you get closer, you'll see that what you see on their screen is a pop-up message reader for your phone.
Hybrid smartwatch. An analog watch gets a modern update with a hybrid smartwatch. Even though they don't have a screen, these can be paired with your phone via Bluetooth. When something important happens, the watch will buzz and make a sound to let you know. You can also set them up so that when you get a message from a particular person, they do something to let you know to check your phone. If the time changes to six in the morning, it could be your boss; if it changes to half past four, it could be your significant other. Hybrids have the best parts of both the analog and the digital worlds.
Fitness tracker. Smartwatches and fitness trackers can tell time, but their main purpose is to keep you healthy by keeping track of your activity and encouraging you to reach your goals. Soon enough, we'll have more to say about it.
Buying Guide: How to Choose a Smart Watch
Choosing a smartwatch in New Zealand can be a daunting task with so many available options. Here are some factors you can consider to help you make an informed decision:
Compatibility: Ensure that the smartwatch you choose is compatible with your smartphone's operating system. For example, an Apple Watch will work best with an iPhone, while a Samsung Galaxy Watch will work with an Android phone.
Design and Size: Smartwatches come in different designs and sizes to suit different styles and wrist sizes. Choose a watch with a design that appeals to you and fits comfortably on your wrist.
Features: Smartwatches come with various features such as heart rate monitoring, GPS tracking, fitness tracking, music playback, mobile payments, and more. Consider the features that are important to you and choose a watch that has those features.
Battery Life: Battery life is an important factor to consider, especially if you plan on using your smartwatch for extended periods. Look for a watch with a long battery life lasting at least a full day or more.
Durability: Consider the watch's durability, especially if you plan on using it for outdoor activities or sports. Look for a watch that is water-resistant, dust-resistant, and scratch-resistant.
Brand: Choose a reputable brand that has a good track record of producing high-quality smartwatches with good customer support.
Price: Set a budget and choose a smartwatch that fits your budget while meeting your needs.
Considering these factors, you can find a smartwatch that is right for you and your lifestyle.
Best Smart Watch Brands in New Zealand
There are several popular smartwatch brands available in New Zealand. Some of the best smartwatch brands in New Zealand include:
- Apple: is one of the most popular smartwatch brands in New Zealand, with its Apple Watch series being a top choice among consumers. The Apple Watch is known for its sleek design, powerful features, and seamless integration with Apple devices.
- Samsung: is another famous smartwatch brand in New Zealand, with its Galaxy Watch series offering a range of features, including fitness tracking, voice control, and mobile payments.
- Fitbit: is a well-known brand in the fitness tracking industry, and its smartwatches have gained popularity in New Zealand for their health and wellness features.
- Garmin: is another brand known for its fitness tracking capabilities, and its smartwatches are popular among athletes and outdoor enthusiasts for their GPS tracking and rugged design.
- Fossil: is a fashion-forward brand that offers a range of smartwatches with stylish designs and features such as heart rate monitoring and mobile payments.
- Huawei: is a Chinese tech company that offers a range of smartwatches with features such as GPS tracking, heart rate monitoring, and water resistance.
- TicWatch: is a brand offering affordable smartwatches with features like voice control, fitness tracking, and mobile payments.
These are just a few of the popular smartwatch brands available in New Zealand, and consumers should consider the
Where to buy Smart Watches in New Zealand?
There are several places where you can buy smartwatches in New Zealand. Here are some of the best options:
- Official Brand Stores: You can buy smartwatches directly from the official stores of popular brands like Apple, Samsung, and Fitbit.
- Retail Stores: Many electronic stores in New Zealand, such as Noel Leeming, JB Hi-Fi, and Harvey Norman, carry a range of smartwatches from various brands.
- Online Retailers: Online retailers such as Amazon, Mighty Ape, and PB Tech offer a wide selection of smartwatches with competitive prices and fast delivery.
- Mobile Network Providers: Some mobile network providers in New Zealand, such as Spark and Vodafone, offer smartwatches as part of their mobile plans or as standalone purchases.
- Secondhand Marketplaces: If you're looking for a more affordable option, check out secondhand marketplaces such as Trade Me or Facebook Marketplace, where people sell their pre-owned smartwatches.
When buying a smartwatch, research the watch's features and specifications to ensure it meets your needs, and compare prices from different retailers to get the best deal.
Smartwatches Price Range in New Zealand
The price range of smartwatches in New Zealand can vary widely depending on the brand, model, features, and retailer. Here is a general overview of the price ranges you can expect to find:
- Budget Smartwatches: Budget smartwatches in New Zealand can cost anywhere from around NZD 50 to NZD 150. These watches typically have basic features like step tracking, notifications, and simple app support.
- Mid-Range Smartwatches: Mid-range smartwatches in New Zealand can cost anywhere from around NZD 150 to NZD 600. These watches typically offer more advanced features such as heart rate monitoring, GPS tracking, mobile payments, and more app support.
- High-End Smartwatches: High-end smartwatches in New Zealand can cost anywhere from around NZD 600 to NZD 1500 or more. These watches typically offer the latest and most advanced features, such as LTE connectivity, multiple sensors for tracking various health metrics, advanced fitness tracking, and more.
It's worth noting that prices can vary depending on the retailer, so it is advisable to explore various options and compare prices from different sources to obtain the most favorable deal. Additionally, it's essential to consider the features and functionality you need in a smartwatch and choose a model that fits your budget and meets your specific needs.
The best smartwatch in New Zealand can help you keep track of your heart rate, steps, and other vital signs. Smartwatches, which can also connect to your phone, are great if you want to live a healthier and more active life. The most advanced models can track even potential health risks to people. So, choosing the best smart watch for your needs in New Zealand is important.